Thursday, September 30, 2010

Now, Quarterly DnD Sessions? (Chapter Two's Finale)

Hey all,

My Ca-en DnD session is slated to return in mid-October, after a lengthy break of close to three months.

But I have been thinking seriously, and came to a decision recently.

Lack of players due to commitments I do understand, but recently, there has been cases of players just missing due to sporadic interest. Maybe my campaign is not gripping enough, the 4th Ed system too clunky, or maybe some have just got bored of the tabletop RPG genre- which is basically slower than the current computer/MMO games; which promotes instant gratification, impatience and "Rewards NOW NOW!".

Whatever the reason, I will end Chapter 2 in the next session. For my next adventure, I will further tinker with the combat system to quicken the pace of the game, and yet try to preserve the integrity and essence of the RPG itself.

Our gaming circle needs new blood, and interested individuals who love gaming, the joy of role-playing and working/succeeding as a group. The present time-slot that we play at now is deterring many potential new-comers from joining us as we are masquerading as real-life vampires; only playing after midnight and slogging til four/five in the morning. This is something I will look into also, maybe making our gaming session earlier, 10 pm perhaps, and ending at 2ish am?

I will take my time to ponder over the points after the final session next month. I love creating adventures, but I do want players to come over for the joy of the game itself, wanting to explore, kill and solve puzzles; not just as a commitment, which kills the joy of and meaning of the word "game" itself.

Gaming has never been this hard, unless it is not fun. I will reflect on this and hopefully come out better and stronger.

Comments can be added in the new Chatbox on the left. <------

C'yall on the flip side.


No comments:

Post a Comment