Sunday, October 14, 2012

F|nDers Keepers: Illustrations! and What to Expect in 1.4.


Hey all,
The basis of F|nD -- d6.

Scouring through the net, I learnt many things. Beautiful clip arts and fonts were easy enough to find, but most of them are reserved under professional sites that charges for downloading their images.

Then, I chanced upon ClipArt ETC, which provided some of the cool images that you will see in the Core Book.

Simple, bold and makes sense. Just the way I like it.



"The Flop" -- Initiative System




The Poker Cards clip art that you see on the right looks like it could well be out of a children coloring book and it might well be, with nice think lines emphasizing the cards themselves, or Action Cards as we call them.

But combined with the fonts and raw factor of the  F|nD gaming system, it fits right in.







Round head. Chiseled features. Typical.

The dude on the left is a typical man-at-arms in our World. I reckon the World to be pseudo Middle-Age in terms of weapons, technology and the general feudal feel for settlements closer to the Lord's Castle, but Old Wild West in terms of gambling dens and bloodthirsty riff-raff bandits beyond that point of "Light".

This creates a nice juxtapose whereby the people who fell out with the Lord or the "civilized" sector of honest tradesmen will snuggle in with the huge underground gambling industry or join a life of crime as a bandit to gather some quick gold to survive in the World.

My concept of the World in F|nD is influenced again by my personal journey, this time with my favorite PC Games of all time. The World is to be a reverse-Fallout in the medieval ages, a feudal-driven Wasteland without guns.






So now, you have a rough idea of the meta-game that my game will be set in. I will expand on that in version 1.5 when I attempt to add a World section to the Core Book, so as to give the players a better idea of what they got themselves into, the places they might visit, and the necessary skills to survive and role play in the setting.

C'yall on the flip side, as I reveal short sneaks of the upcoming Perks update in 1.4.



No comments:

Post a Comment